Let us know what you think! If possible, please provide your product type so we can better assist you.

How do I opt out of the annoying advertisements, like the "Lenovo Rewards" messages?

How do I opt out of the annoying "Lenovo Rewards" and other related advertisements? I have "What's New" and "Apps to Discover" turned off in the "customize companion" settings, but I'm still getting annoying promotions like this.

30 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PrivatePrivate shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  ddelphAdminddelph (Admin, Lenovo Companion) responded  · 

Hello,

Thank you all for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are frustrated with the frequency of the messages that you are receiving from our application regarding our monthly giveaway program. We are constantly working to improve our software, so your feedback is very important to us. I wanted to let you know that we are currently in the process of creating a way for users to turn off messages that they do not have any interest in seeing repeated in the future. This would hopefully help alleviate the issue that you are currently experiencing. If you have any additional feedback or comments please send us an email at askcompanion@lenovo.com. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to improving your experience.

Sincerely,

The Lenovo Companion Team

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • get this off my machineget this off my machine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

get your **** off my machine. Your app is causing me great frustration. I do not want your notifications and I do not want spying on me and my machine. I purchased your machine. I do not deserve to be the victim of your application. I never wanted it. Get it off.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let me know how I can disable your advertisements. They really are annoying. I also need to know what is my power supply? I cannot buy a video card without that knowledge and your user guide does not tell me.

• BCBC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with other comment: there should NOT BE ANY spamming of my personal desktop. Keep it up and I'll start uninstalling every Lenovo app on my system -- and perhaps look for hardware from a manufacturer that doesn't load it up with software used to hijack my property and my time and attention for their own marketing purposes. This increasing trend from companies like Lenovo and Microsoft is infuriating!

Actually I wouldn't mind entering your monthly contest, but clicking on the message opens companion then takes me to Microsoft store to log in. I don't have a Microsoft login (or want one) so this looks useless to me. I'll follow this thread to find out how to disable, if you ever answer

• AnabellaAnabella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there should NOT BE ANY Notifications at all. You do not have the right to annoy your own customers with your useless notifications. It is a shame that after all this time you still have not resolved the problem you created for your own customers...

• PHEPHE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The frequency of such awful, annoying updates should be zero. I bought a laptop to be productive on not to be constantly marketed to with rude interrruptions.

That's why I'm here too. How do you turn that off? This is a Thinkpad. I didn't sign up for ads.

Feedback and Knowledge Base