Lenovo Companion

Let us know what you think! If possible, please provide your product type so we can better assist you.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide a way to disable Lenovo Rewards notifications

Provide a way to disable Lenovo Rewards notifications, for those of us who are not interested.

192 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      68 comments  ·  Improvement Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you all for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are frustrated with the frequency of the messages that you are receiving from our application regarding our monthly giveaway program. We are constantly working to improve our software, so your feedback is very important to us. I wanted to let you know that we are currently in the process of creating a way for users to turn off messages that they do not have any interest in seeing repeated in the future. This would hopefully help alleviate the issue that you are currently experiencing. If you have any additional feedback or comments please send us an email at askcompanion@lenovo.com. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to improving your experience.

Sincerely,

The Lenovo Companion Team

• 75 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        13 comments  ·  Feature/Function  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Stop junk notifications

If I get one more "promotion" in the Notifications, I *will* uninstall this piece of junk. I am NOT interested in getting blasted with your "monthly giveaways" or any other advertising, it is utterly annoying.

51 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          8 comments  ·  Improvement Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are frustrated with the frequency of the messages that you are receiving from our application regarding our monthly giveaway program. We are constantly working to improve our software, so your feedback is very important to us. I wanted to let you know that we are currently in the process of creating a way for users to turn off messages that they do not have any interest in seeing repeated in the future. This would hopefully help alleviate the issue that you are currently experiencing. If you have any additional feedback or comments please send us an email at askcompanion@lenovo.com. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to improving your experience.

Sincerely,

The Lenovo Companion Team

• System Update needs tgo provide an error code when it fails to work.

My System Update recently stopped installing updates. It will inform me what updates are available, and allow me to sewlect them for installation. They download and System Update immediately issues the message the updates failed to install. No reason, no error code.

I tried uninstalling System Update and reinstalling it. Same problem.

The suggested solution has been to reset my system to factory defaults and reinstall all my applications and data. This once difficult process has gotten even more difficult since Microsoft remove Easy Transfer. Offloading all my data, and making certain I've gotten all it, has just become more…

15 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            3 comments  ·  Improvement Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

I am aware of the issues that everyone has been having. We are releasing a large update around 1/27 for the Companion application and the system interface driver that will hopefully resolve the last of these issues.

Please stay tuned and make sure you get these updates near the end of the month.

Thanks,
            James

• Please improve the battery settings in Lenovo Companion app!

Hello! I'm using Lenovo Companion version 4.5.3.0 on ThinkPad Yoga X1 (1st Gen/Skylake) & ThinkPad Yoga P40, both running Windows 10 Pro version 1709 aka the Fall Creators Update.

1) The current implementation (after merging two apps) seems to be limited in terms of (at least) battery settings. I can no longer see my battery's cycle count, while previously Lenovo Settings had this nice expandable window with the capacity, voltage and other useful data.

2) An old issue has returned on ThinkPad Yoga X1 - the power LED is constantly "on", even when no charging is happening (with charging thresholds…

4 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Sielwode,

Thanks for the detailed feedback. On #1 and #3, there will be a fixed pushed out on 12/8 that will fix this issue for you so please be patient for that. Sorry that the bugs escaped our first combined release.

On #2, I want to say that will also be fixed with the 12/8 release but I need to double check with the hardware team.

• fwupdatecmd.exe error

Thinkpad P50 - W10 - The update for 12/8 that will resolve the Battery Threshold errors, will it also fix the fwupdatecmd.exe errors that I keep getting whenever I run the update utility from the new version of Companion? This error did not happen until you removed the Settings App and replaced it with the 'one for all' Companion a couple of months ago.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

I would think that our app update will not affect the issue you’re having… sounds like it has more to do with the actual FW update tool that it came down. What firmware are you trying to update?

In the meantime, you might want to check on the support.lenovo.com page (https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-p-series-laptops/thinkpad-p50/downloads) to see if there is a later tool published to the web.

Cheers,
                James

• Warranty

I bought 5 years of warranty - 3 years plus additional 2 years - but on Lenovo it is only listed I have 3 years warranty. Further it states I only have 1 year of warranty on the battery. This is wrong.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Improvement Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for the feedback. The root cause is that the extended warranty information rests in a different system in our support center. We will work with them to link the data to customers accounts so we can accurately show when someone has an extended warranty.

Thanks,
                  James

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base