Lenovo Vantage

Let us know what you think! If possible, please provide your product type so we can better assist you.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop junk notifications

If I get one more "promotion" in the Notifications, I *will* uninstall this piece of junk. I am NOT interested in getting blasted with your "monthly giveaways" or any other advertising, it is utterly annoying.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      8 comments  ·  Improvement Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are frustrated with the frequency of the messages that you are receiving from our application regarding our monthly giveaway program. We are constantly working to improve our software, so your feedback is very important to us. I wanted to let you know that we are currently in the process of creating a way for users to turn off messages that they do not have any interest in seeing repeated in the future. This would hopefully help alleviate the issue that you are currently experiencing. If you have any additional feedback or comments please send us an email at askcompanion@lenovo.com. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to improving your experience.

Sincerely,

The Lenovo Companion Team

• System Update needs tgo provide an error code when it fails to work.

My System Update recently stopped installing updates. It will inform me what updates are available, and allow me to sewlect them for installation. They download and System Update immediately issues the message the updates failed to install. No reason, no error code.

I tried uninstalling System Update and reinstalling it. Same problem.

The suggested solution has been to reset my system to factory defaults and reinstall all my applications and data. This once difficult process has gotten even more difficult since Microsoft remove Easy Transfer. Offloading all my data, and making certain I've gotten all it, has just become more…

19 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        3 comments  ·  Improvement Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

I am aware of the issues that everyone has been having. We are releasing a large update around 1/27 for the Companion application and the system interface driver that will hopefully resolve the last of these issues.

Please stay tuned and make sure you get these updates near the end of the month.

Thanks,
        James

• Please improve the battery settings in Lenovo Companion app!

Hello! I'm using Lenovo Companion version 4.5.3.0 on ThinkPad Yoga X1 (1st Gen/Skylake) & ThinkPad Yoga P40, both running Windows 10 Pro version 1709 aka the Fall Creators Update.

1) The current implementation (after merging two apps) seems to be limited in terms of (at least) battery settings. I can no longer see my battery's cycle count, while previously Lenovo Settings had this nice expandable window with the capacity, voltage and other useful data.

2) An old issue has returned on ThinkPad Yoga X1 - the power LED is constantly "on", even when no charging is happening (with charging thresholds…

11 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Sielwode,

Thanks for the detailed feedback. On #1 and #3, there will be a fixed pushed out on 12/8 that will fix this issue for you so please be patient for that. Sorry that the bugs escaped our first combined release.

On #2, I want to say that will also be fixed with the 12/8 release but I need to double check with the hardware team.

• Stop battery icon interrupting the softwares

When clicking on the battery icon, propose to switch on/off the "long life" battery mode. Handy for people moving from trip mode to office mode, without launching the slow, bulky companion software.

4 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Improvement Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • link to update readme in Lenovo System Update tab of Lenovo Companion

there is no way to evaluate an update since there is no information provided. the system update app always provided a link to the update readme. the system update function in companion should do the same.

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Feature/Function  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Unable to Launch Lenovo ID in Lenovo Vantage App

I keep getting error when I clicked on Lenovo ID icon with my W520. Strangely, it worked fine with my W500 machine. Can you guys fix this.

2 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Feature/Function  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the information. Could you try to do a reboot on your machine and try again? I’m asking because I have a guess that the backend updates were not finished and may be causing the error. I saw this temporarily on my Lenovo Yoga 920, but it was only one time and disappeared.

Please let me know what your results are!

• Pomoc

Nie mogę zaktualizować swój system

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  System Update  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • X1 Yoga (2017) can't disable touch pad, come back after resume from sleep, reboot etc This is a nightmare for those red track point user.

X1 Yoga (2017) can't disable touch pad, come back after resume from sleep, reboot etc This is a nightmare for those red track point user.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback but could you help to clarify your comment a bit? Are you wanting to disable the touchpad? You can disable it from the Windows Settings. Go to the Devices Section and then the Touchpad Section, there is a switch to turn it off there.

• App shows I have X1 Carbon but I have an X1 Yoga

also misstates the time left on my warranty though the repair shop shows it accurately.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Lenovo vantage question ?

IF i use Lenovo Vantage there are serveral updates in the history.
                      3 in my case.
                      In Lenovo System update version 5 i see 2 pages updates from 3-20-2016 to 1-1-2018.
                      I don't see them in Lenovo Vantage .
                      So if I remove System update i don't have the history of all my installed updates for my Yoga 15

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        3 comments  ·  System Update  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Andre,

Yes that is basically how it works. Since you installed the updates under the stand alone System Update, it will keep all that information there. Once you switch over to Vantage, it only keeps the history from that application.

Is this something you want to have transfer over? We had not considered this before but this is something we can look into if you think it would be useful.

Thanks,
                        James

• fwupdatecmd.exe error

Thinkpad P50 - W10 - The update for 12/8 that will resolve the Battery Threshold errors, will it also fix the fwupdatecmd.exe errors that I keep getting whenever I run the update utility from the new version of Companion? This error did not happen until you removed the Settings App and replaced it with the 'one for all' Companion a couple of months ago.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

I would think that our app update will not affect the issue you’re having… sounds like it has more to do with the actual FW update tool that it came down. What firmware are you trying to update?

In the meantime, you might want to check on the support.lenovo.com page (https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-p-series-laptops/thinkpad-p50/downloads) to see if there is a later tool published to the web.

Cheers,
                          James

• Warranty

I bought 5 years of warranty - 3 years plus additional 2 years - but on Lenovo it is only listed I have 3 years warranty. Further it states I only have 1 year of warranty on the battery. This is wrong.

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Improvement Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for the feedback. The root cause is that the extended warranty information rests in a different system in our support center. We will work with them to link the data to customers accounts so we can accurately show when someone has an extended warranty.

Thanks,
                            James

• wo ist das ROT geblieben im Lenovo Vantage - Comanion App ? Blau ist ein Zustand

Neues App ist ein Zustand wegen der Farbe blau meine Lenovo Geräte laufen nur gut mit rote Apps und dem Roten Punkt in der Tastatur

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Optimize  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Было бы здорово, если бы Vantage Toolbar запоминал включена или выключена была сернсорная панель.

Было бы здорово, если бы Vantage Toolbar запоминал включена или выключена была сенсорная панель.

Я чаще всего не пользуюсь сенсорной панелью. Однако при перезагрузке все время приходится вспоминать, что ее надо отключить... Это крайне не удобно. Причем другие параметры она почему-то запоминает...

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Optimize  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • 1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Companion Hardware Settings - camera not working

In the hardware settings, under Camera, it says Error code: Excep_FromHResult 0x80040154. This is a newly purchased Lenovo 520S 141KB, 80X2

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Lenovo Yoga 3 11. Somehow by reloading Companion i seem to have solved the slow Windows 10 problem

Yoga 3 11.. I had experienced a slow Windows 10 machine so i did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro. The problem still existed. Two days ago I reloaded Companion and that seems to have, at least for now, solved the slow down problem.

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  System Health  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • So far I see no way to reset the four number PIN. Is this not possible fro my end?

why shouldn't you be able to reset the PIN as you can with passwords? I see no problem with that. If you can sue SMS or text or whatever for passwords, why not for PIN's>?

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base